Quantity of serves: 2
Description of the dish: Spaghetti Carbonara is a classic Italian pasta dish that features spaghetti noodles coated in a creamy sauce made from eggs, Parmesan cheese, and pancetta. The dish is rich, flavorful, and satisfying, and is perfect for a comforting meal on a cold night.
Recommended occasions to prepare it: Perfect for a family dinner, potluck, or casual gathering.
10 oz Amber Farms spaghetti
2 large eggs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 lb pancetta or bacon, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp unsalted butter
Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Cook the Amber Farms spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water and drain the rest.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, grated Parmesan cheese, and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the diced pancetta or bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove the pancetta or bacon from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet and toss to coat the pasta with the garlic and pancetta or bacon fat.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and pour the egg and Parmesan cheese mixture over the spaghetti. Toss quickly to combine, making sure the eggs don’t scramble.
- If the sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta cooking water to thin it out.
- Add the cooked pancetta or bacon to the skillet and toss to combine.
- Serve the Spaghetti Carbonara with chopped parsley on top.
- Use high-quality Parmesan cheese for the best flavor.
- For a variation, use guanciale instead of pancetta or bacon.
- Be sure to remove the skillet from the heat before adding the egg mixture to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a splash of pasta water to thin it out.
- Serve with a side of garlic bread and a Caesar salad for a complete meal.